Tuesday 8 February 2011

The beginning of the End.

Well, the mocks began today, and it wasn't fun. They had time tabled it so that English paper 2 was first. We needed over three hours for it, and the only way to do it where that would happen was to have the paper in the morning. It was all going well until I started the last big question on poetry. I knew from the moment I started the unseen poetry section I was screwed. I had 40 minutes to write a page on the unseen poem and 5 pages on the poet I had studied, Emily Dickinson. It was a disaster. I wrote about 14 pages on everything else and completely flunked the question I had prepared the most for. I was raging. But at least I'm making the mistake now and not in June. I think in June I'll start the seen poet first and then work my way through the questions, and leave the short 20 marker to the end when I know if I'll have time.

Paper 1 was this afternoon, and I swear, my hand hadn't fully recovered from the mornings attempted massacre of my metacarpals. I had to answer questions on Nando Parrado, then write an article giving Leaving cert students advice on how to suceed in their goals. Then it was on to the piece I was dreading the most. The essay. They really did give us some seriously lame topics, and in the end I decided on the one about a "Male-dominated society" which got me going into a full blown rant. I do feel sorry for the examiner who's reading it if it's a bloke. I really don't speak very highly of them. Oops. Well, We shall see next month when the papers come back whether my 30 odd pages of waffled garbage has been enough to scrape me a pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment