Monday 20 July 2009

London

Have I ever said how much I hate London? Well, I despise it. It's full of smelly, germ infested streets and people running around in masks for fear of someone coming 2inches in front of them and sneezing, thus giving them the dreaded Pig Flu. Oink. I'm probably going to get swine flu, but hey ho. I'll tell my room-mate, and make her get tami flu, but nobody else is knowing. Foster Mum will run around the house in a bio hazard suit pumping out paracetamol through a air rifle. And besides, I already demonstrate 4 of the symptoms. I sneeze, cough, get headaches and muscle aches. So feck them.

Anyway, I was in London today for a meeting with the Department of Health. It was one of those things that drives you insane, but doing it makes you feel good, because if there's a chance you can help your friends then you'll do anything. Which is the reason behind my staying up half the night last week trying to read the documents I was sent. It was tedious. The morning was spent with AUK reading over it, then the afternoon was spent with the Dept of Health reading it again. I think the DOH one was easier to sit through. They made more sense and didn't spend half an hour argueing over whether nebs* where better than pMDI's**. It was all good though. I learnt a fair bit, and met some people who are quite influencial in the health system which was quite cool. It was one of those days that you don't know whether it was boring or not haha.

On the way home I stopped into a friends for the day, and had a laugh with her for a few hours which was good fun. She's one of my best mates, and I've only known her for a month haha. Anyway, I'll leave you with a picture of what I saw on the way home. As Mish says, Cannibal Lector!



* Neb - A machine that gives medication via a mask/mouthpiece as a mist for you to inhaler. Generally used in hospitals.
**pMDI - Pressured Metered Dose Inhaler - Standard "blue inhaler"

No comments:

Post a Comment